What is Dog First Aid Ltd?
Dog First Aid Ltd Programmes are unique UK courses teaching canine first aid designed specifically for those working with dogs. Dog First Aid Ltd is the ONLY qualified UK company to offer the Continued Professional Development (CPD) accredited
Emergency Canine Care™ (ECC) Course.
We’ve taught thousands of doggy folk
Where Are We?
Programmes are run throughout the United Kingdom.
Email us or give us a call to arrange an intimate training programme in your area!
Who Are We?
Some of our trainers are Registered Veterinary Nurses and some are qualified trainers holding nationally recognised training qualifications. All our trainers undergo exclusive, extensive training in canine first aid with registered members of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons before being able to teach for Dog First Aid Ltd.
We have quarterly training with our veterinarians and all trainers complete our exclusive knowledge development modules prior to being approved.
We have also been advised by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and comply fully with The Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 and The Animal Welfare Act 2006. We are the chosen provider for the Animal Care & Management National Vocational Qualification Level 3 at Wiltshire College and also work with Ministry of Defence, Police, Security and Search & Rescue dog handlers.
Who Do Our Programmes Serve?
Dog First Aid Ltd programmes are mainly designed for those who work with dogs. For example for people who work:
- in rescue
- dog handlers
- dog walkers
- dog sitters
- kennel owners
- responsible dog owners are also welcome
Every dog professional should have a valid Dog First Aid Certificate and refresh their skills regularly.
What Can You Expect on a Programme?
- Your Dog First Aid Certificate*
- Life Saving Emergency Skills
- The Confidence to Act
- Opportunity to Carry Out CPR on Dummy Dog, Cassie
- Hand Outs
- Added Value to Your Doggy Business
- Peace of Mind Knowing You’re Doing the Best For your Dogs and Clients
- Networking Opportunity
- Fun with Like Minded People
What Will You Learn?
- How to examine a dog correctly and safely
- Scene assessment – keeping yourself safe whilst helping the dog
- What a Dog First Aiders Role is – what you can and can’t do
- Canine CPR – NOT the same as with a human!
- How to act if a dog starts choking
- Dog Fights – how do you split up two dogs wanting to kill each other??
- Different Types of Bleeds and what to do
- Drowning Dogs – when can they drown and how to react
- Which burns to treat and how
- Heat stroke – a killer
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Eye Injuries
AND MUCH MORE!
What Do Former Attendees Say?
“Very informative and practical course that was easy to understand, be prepared for hand cramp! Jo was lovely and very down to earth and the information and skills to practice after we’ve learnt are invaluable.”
Sam Thornby, Owner, Bea’s Pet Services,
London, United Kingdom